Sending out a newsletter in IQ is a very simple process. We have created a multi-step “Wizard” that will walk you through the content of the newsletter, the audience, and configuring it to be sent.
Create an eNewsletter:
1. In the Outreach Big Menu, select eNewsletter under the New column.
2. Select the Newsletter template you wish to use.
3. Change the name the Newsletter (Note: IQ will automatically name your newsletter with today’s date.
4. Click into the section that you want to edit. You will then see the Editor Toolbar appear and you are ready to start adding content.
5. To preview the eNewsletter, open the Actions drop-down menu on the top-right and select Preview. Enter your email address (Use the semi-colon to enter multiple email addresses).
6. Click the Select Audience button to go to the next step of the wizard and choose Newsletter recipients.
Select an Audience for eNewsletter:
7. If needed, change the Select Your Audience Drop down to “With ALL of these attributes” (the default is With ANY of theseattributes).
8. In the Add contacts with ANY of these attributes... select the appropriate Affiliations (e.g. Email Optin, Email Subscriber, etc.). (Note: The number of contact records with a code is in parentheses beside the code and that does not include duplicative primary email addresses or bad email addresses.)
9. In the Exclude contacts with ANY of these attributes... select the appropriate Affiliations (e.g. Email Optout, Email Unsubscribe, etc).
10. To review the actual email count, click on the Actions drop-down menu and select Review audience size.
11. Click the Review button to go to the next step in sending the eNewsletter:
Review the eNewsletter before sending:
12. Enter the email subject in the Subject field or leave the field empty and IQ will use the Office Defined Subject entered in your IQ System Configuration Setting (e.g. Reply from Congressman John Quorum).
13. In the Start field, select Build and Send (default is set to Build Only), set the date and time of the eNewsletter.
Note: The time used is EST – Eastern Standard Time.
14. It is highly recommended that you preview the eNewsletter before sending. Open the Actions drop-down menu and select Preview. Enter your email address and use the semi-colon when entering multiple email addresses.
15. Click the Send button.
Editing or Cancelling the e-newsletter after it has been Sent
(Note this may only be an option if you use the “Build and Send” Option and it is before the Start Time)
1. In the Outreach Big Menu, select All Open in the Find Outreaches column.
2. Click on your eNewsletter name link.
3. Open the Actions drop-down menu and select Cancel Setup. Click the Cancel Outreach Build button in the popup message.
4. To make changes to the content, click the Change Layout step. Make your edits and follow steps 7-15 to send the newsletter